Splatoon GTS idea.

This board is for discussing anything related to VGGTS World. General discussion of video games is welcome as well as long as topics abide by the forum rules.

Splatoon GTS idea.

Postby Gu Goomba » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:20 pm

I was just watching some Splatoon gameplay, and this idea just popped into my head. I feel like I should share it with everyone!

- Some time has passed since DJ Octavio was stopped and trapped in a snow globe, with Inkopolis back to being in a state of peace, which allowed the many Inklings to compete against each other, whether it be Turf Wars or King of the Hill, without the Octarians threatening them. However, DJ Octavio was one of those villains that had a backup plan in case things went south, and today just so happened to be when the plan would, literally, surface. With an upcoming Splatfest quickly approaching, which is ironically Team VGGTS vs. Team ACGTS, a few of the arenas the Inklings compete on start secreting a weird type of grey ink that hasn't been seen before, so Callie and Marie are tasked to report on the subject on Inkopolis News. Callie, being as energetic as she is, wants to try doing the report live for once, which Marie says is a bad idea. However, after some convincing, Callie gets Marie to do the report live.

After closing off one of the arenas for the broadcast, and with the grey ink right behind them, Callie and Marie begin reporting on the mysterious ink that started appearing in the many arenas and talk about if it might hinder the upcoming Splatfest, but just as they were about to wrap things up, the two slip on the wet floor and fall into the grey ink. Surprisingly, the grey ink doesn't cover them in its grey color, but instead causes them to grow into massive giantesses and become playful and destructive, as much as their personalities would allow of course. They even manage to obtain DJ Octavio still trapped in the snow globe, who is happy to know that his backup plan was a success. However, funnily enough, no matter how much he tried to get the gigantic Callie and Marie to break the snow globe imprisoning him, they refuse to do so and even have a little fun playing with the Octarian leader.

During Callie and Marie's destruction, a few Inklings would unfortunately get caught in the crossfire. A few Inklings of interest are Cubed, Skull, Goomba, and a few others who were just gearing up for the upcoming Splatfest on the VGGTS side, along with a few on the ACGTS side, such as Barbie and Lucybones. After narrowly dodging death a few times, such as Barbie narrowly avoiding getting crushed by Marie and Goomba almost getting swallowed by Callie, both Team VGGTS and Team ACGTS decide to team up to stop the issue. After some experimentation, the Inklings discover that the odd grey ink that caused Callie and Marie to grow can be washed off by Inkling ink, just like Octarian ink, although Captain Cuttlefish deduces that the two must be covered completely in order for them to go back to their regular size. Eventually, Team VGGTS and Team ACGTS go up against the gigantic Squid Sisters in a great fight, with many splats even taking place as the teams climbed up their gigantic bodies, which ends with Callie and Marie getting completely covered and shrinking back to their regular sizes. After informing them about what they have been doing, the Squid Sisters thank the two teams and order a cleanup crew to get rid of every single bit of the grey ink so this doesn't happen again. Finally, the story ends with Callie and Marie doing a concert as the VGGTS vs. ACGTS Splatfest begins, DJ Octavio in a daze while still imprisoned in the snow globe from the Squid Sisters playing with him, and both of the VGGTS and ACGTS teams entering an arena, ready for the first battle of the Splatfest.
Gu Goomba

Re: Splatoon GTS idea.

Postby cubedcinder » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:55 pm

Sounds interesting. Admittedly I wasn't sure about me making a cameo at first, but then I remembered. Aside from the hair color and of course choice of clothing, Inkling Boys and Girls in the world of Splatoon (a game that's on my Christmas list) look pretty much the same. :D
cubedcinder
Site Admin

Postby Nodqfan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Sounds like an interesting story I will definitely be reading.
Nodqfan

Postby Gu Goomba » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:41 am

Wow, it's been a while has it? Sorry to bring this topic up again, for another idea no less, but I don't want to forget it as time goes on. I WOULD do it myself if I actually wasn't currently on a hiatus from storywriting for other reasons. :(

-After watching the Squid Sisters concert at the Japan Expo in France (Here's the link to the video) on TV, two male roommates, who where staying at a hotel in the same country, make a few comments on how great Callie and Marie are as famous idols, with one of them commenting on how unfortunate it was that they couldn't make it out to see them, especially since they have to leave the hotel tomorrow. After the other one cheers him up with a witty joke, the two head to their beds for the night.

The next day, after the two pack all of their stuff, the two of them head out of their hotel room and into a nearby elevator heading for the ground floor. At the same time this is happening, the Squid Sisters arrive at the hotel, in a limousine no less, to also get to their hotel suite to pack everything up, for a private plane back to Inkopolis was waiting for them, but the instant they set foot outside the vehicle, a swarm of fans and paparazzi zip up to them. The two rush into the hotel with the paparazzi on their tail just as the two males arrive on the ground floor, only for the absentminded one to forget that he left one of his possessions back at the hotel room. The other groans as he proceeds to hit the button to head back up, but right as he does so, Callie and Marie suddenly appear ahead of them, who notices the two before yelling at them to hold the elevator. Callie and Marie barely make it inside before the paparazzi could get in with them.

Once the two males get their fanboyisms out of the way as the elevator make its round, the pairs get into some small conversations, including one of them commenting on how the Squid Sisters could be "the biggest sensations of the world", Callie take a moment to catch her breath after all of the running and gets out a special drink, one that's a specialty in Inkopolis. After taking a couple of sips as Marie continues to talk to one of the males, the elevator reaches the destined floor and stops dead in its tracks. Not expecting the sudden inertia change, Callie accidentally spills the contents of the drink all over the two males. Callie immediately goes over to them and apologizes, and while the two males were slightly upset at their clothes getting wet, the two forgive her. However, a few seconds after, the two start to get mild head and their vision starts to blur a bit. As Callie and Mario take a second to ask if the two were all right, they suddenly watch in astonishment as the two males begin to shrink in size before their very eyes. The Squid Sisters start to worry how small they would end up at, until they end up at half a centimeter high.

After the Squid Sisters calm the two shrunken males down from a panic attack, Callie begins to apologize over and over again at how clumsy she was, which the two males forgive her for, which was hard for them to do so since their small stature makes it harder for Callie and Marie to hear them, after taking a deep breath at the situation. After the four attempt to come up with a solution to the problem, including one where they get turned over to the authorities which Callie shoots down because they don't to get a back rep from places other than Inkopolis, Marie immediately catches her mid sentence and suggests that they go back to Inkopolis with the two males where they can hopefully figure out how to reverse the process with some high class researcher Inklings (Hey, the game had a period where play testers played online dressed in Inkling research clothes with normal players) while also allowing the two to lay low until they get cured. The two shrunken males agree on the plan.

After some slight shenanigans trying to get on the plane with the shrunken males, the four arrive at Inkopolis. They head into the Squid Sisters' studio where Marie states is where the two males will be staying until they get back to normal. It's later that they find out that the reason the drink shrunk the two was because humans functioned differently then Inklings when coming into contact with it

A lot of stuff happens during the shrunken males' time in Inkopolis, which is up to the writer of course. Humans never set foot in Inkopolis until now, so I'm sure some female Inklings MIGHT get curious when they set their eyes on the tiny people. :)
Gu Goomba

Return to VGGTS4