Important: Help testing the "Sm4sh explorer" size modding

This board is for discussing anything related to VGGTS World. General discussion of video games is welcome as well as long as topics abide by the forum rules.

Important: Help testing the "Sm4sh explorer" size modding

Postby ZatchHunter » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:35 am

After realizing it was possible to mod the size of the characters in SSB4, can you guys please test and see if the SSB4 mods with female characters having increased sizes? (you know me that I'm into the GTS Brawl/SSB4 Peach fetish XD) I can't test alone, so guys, can you please help me to make sure SSB4 size modding is possible?

One day, I was looking the Mcleodgaming news, after I saw 2 covers for the SSF2 (Super Smash Flash 2) Beta, my mind went quickly into searching to Google ("SSB4 size modifier), and it looks like I stumbled on this page:
http://gamebanana.com/threads/201914 (Change size of characters?)
After looking it was possible, I've had to look into more of stuff, and I've found a link about modding Smash 4 for Wii U:

I tried using this method, but you guys have to find out how to alter the size of the characters, okay?
https://youtu.be/yET2JgJwXOM How to Mod Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EASY & FAST! (Without Xampp or Windows Firewall Disabled)
Btw (by the way), it contains all of the links shown on the Youtube video about how to mod SSB4 without Xampp.

If it doesn't work, you can also try Sm4sh Explorer, here:
https://youtu.be/Lh8gTmQj-oA

You'll also need the "Unrestricted Camera" mod for virtually all stages (yes, it works on 1.1.6, but beware Smash 4 would get 1.1.7, and the "Unrestricted Camera" mod would get an update):
http://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4554

I've used the Attribute Edits Mod as reference (but it's likely we'll have to use "Sm4sh Explorer to make modding much easier):
http://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4599
You'll find the character IDs and even the link of the "Parameters.exe" you'll need:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCCRu0AR6kc

I tried this, I first open the "Parameters.exe" (Be warned, the images I took with Lightshot are quite large, and I don't know how to shrink them):

I clicked Open, and then, I search from this edited folder set the "fighter_param.bin":
In my case, it appeared as a CD, but it would be different in your case. After I selected that one, look at this:

You'll see Group[1]:

I selected the + icon (or doubleclicked on Group[1]), and it opened, you'll see several "Entries", I used the "Entry[14]" (that is the character ID from Peach ), you'll also see that I've selected "44" (that is the "character size multiplier), most characters have it at 1, only a few have it below that:

I've changed that to 3 (that will triple the Peach's size), and I've tried to test that, but I seem I didn't do it right, maybe I'll try it out with another and more reliable SD Card, but guys, can you please try to test all ways possible if the size modifiers do actually work? You can also do more methods to make sure we can actually mod the SSB4 character's sizes:

If you succeed, can you try to also specify how did you make it work, please? I'm sure the SSB4 community would be really helpful to take interesting GTS screenshots of SSB4 that normally would not be possible without modding. :)
ZatchHunter

Re: Important: Help testing the "Sm4sh explorer" size moddin

Postby cubedcinder » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:44 pm

So far I haven't had much luck. While I was able to get the browser exploit (explained in the "How to Mod Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EASY & FAST! (Without Xampp or Windows Firewall Disabled" YouTube video) to work, but like ZatchHunter, I haven't yet been able to figure out how to patch SSB4. Sm4sh Explorer, I have a feeling, only patches a SSB4 Wii U ISO file, which I'd rather stay miles away from for all sorts of reasons.

Unfortunately, I don't have the desire to do any further testing. My hacking skills, most of which I learned thanks to Link's insightful info (maybe he can share a bit of insight on all this?), have really rusted over the past couple of years, thanks to the homebrew scene on the original Wii dying out... and I'm 'old' and not the smart hacker I used to be. :(
cubedcinder
Site Admin

Re: Important: Help testing the "Sm4sh explorer" size moddin

Postby ZatchHunter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:13 am

cubedcinder wrote:So far I haven't had much luck. While I was able to get the browser exploit (explained in the "How to Mod Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EASY & FAST! (Without Xampp or Windows Firewall Disabled" YouTube video) to work, but like ZatchHunter, I haven't yet been able to figure out how to patch SSB4. Sm4sh Explorer, I have a feeling, only patches a SSB4 Wii U ISO file, which I'd rather stay miles away from for all sorts of reasons.

Unfortunately, I don't have the desire to do any further testing. My hacking skills, most of which I learned thanks to Link's insightful info (maybe he can share a bit of insight on all this?), have really rusted over the past couple of years, thanks to the homebrew scene on the original Wii dying out... and I'm 'old' and not the smart hacker I used to be. :(

Don't worry, you did your best, and it's not easy, in fact, it will take time until BlazingBarrager gets a new SD Card to make the modding, and also because modding SSB4 is harder than Brawl since it lacks the tremendous flaw Brawl had for Homebrew + modding.

The only hope is with Sm4sh Explorer, but you'll have to download the SSB4's ISO, and if my memory serves, the file is 17 GB. On the link to Sm4sh Explorer on youtube, there's another link on that video (if you expand the Description there) that will lead you to the ISO of SSB4.
ZatchHunter

Return to VGGTS4