Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS/Wii U Snapshots

This board is for discussing anything related to VGGTS World. General discussion of video games is welcome as well as long as topics abide by the forum rules.

Re: Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS/Wii U Snapshots

Postby ZatchHunter » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:16 am

Korume wrote:I'm in the process of making a tutorial for how I did this. I'd like someone to read it over first though. Would you mind assisting me in this regard?

Finally, someone who is as willing to do a Tutorial like me, oh, sorry, I haven't been here for a really good while. I tried to ask help to Skull13 and TheRealMegabustr on dA, but nothing. So, how's progress with making the SSB4 tutorial? You can PM me so we can do this together, but be warned, my mom uses the PC all morning and between part of the afternoon or good deal of the afternoon, so I might not always be active until my mom does her stuff, among them watching films and some really good TV shows. But if you have a Discord, PM me and we can comment much more often about the SSB4 Tutorial modding, ok?

Kirby is cool wrote:I found the camera mod you're talking about but in terms of editing the files to do that I'm not sure of myself. I definitely have been waiting for someone to figure out how to make the mushroom effects bigger for a while and I could definitely start posting videos on YouTube again with a mod like this on my Wii U. I definitely would like to PM you about how all this works, then cubed could possibly post it on the site how to do this. This seems to be the closest we'll get without a mushroom stacker type mod being made.

Haha, that would be really cool, but one question, if you take requests, can you do short vids of battles against the AI Peach and AI Rosalina if they get a Super Mushroom to enlarge up to 10 times? If your attempt with "Super Mushroom 10 times" doesn't work, try the value 5 or 7.5, the enlarged characters don't die as easily, and also, I've noticed naturally taller characters die sooner if they get enlarged Super Mushrooms than shorter ones (like Kirby, Villager, Jigglypuff, etc). And they only stay alive until they touch the ground (so it's important to mod the gravity of the characters, and no, it's not the same than fast falling speed, to make them almost anti-gravity). And in addition of making the mushroom effects bigger, we can also alter the duration of both Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, and Lightning Bolt, as the excel file of fighter_param_common you've found explains.

I used to use 80 and 60 for Super and Poison Mushroom size modifier values, respectively (and I always have a copy of the original fighter_param_common in case to reset everything back to default), but I changed that to 15 and 20 (the 20 is because I want to experiment with more screenshots), respectively. To spoil better some values I commonly use, here's the info:
Line 565 - Duration (or Time Count) in frames (for both Mushrooms is 480)
Line 574 - Duration (or Time Count) in frames (for both Lightning Bolt variations is 600)
P.S.: Contrary to popular belief, the backfire Lightning Bolt is NOT twice as effective as a Super Mushroom, it's instead roughly 47.06% more effective than a Super Mushroom. :(

For some reason when I modded the Lightning Bolt voices, they changed places, and in one case, use the same pitch multiplier value even though the other value is different.

Well, I saved several SSB4 Screenshots, but because I'm a bit of perfectionist :P , well, I love to perform advanced screenshots, and boy, they were REALLY difficult, it was Trial and Error, plus practice to figure it out which one was the best looking (too bad I don't have any recorders, I'm sure I could've recorded how I made these screenshots so freaking complicated and advanced):
Super Huge SSB4 Peach snapshot 5.jpg

Super Huge SSB4 Peach snapshot 5 (angle 1).jpg

Super Huge SSB4 Peach snapshot 5 (angle 2).jpg

Super Huge SSB4 Peach snapshot 5 (angle 3).jpg

Super Huge SSB4 Peach snapshot 5 (angle 4).jpg

Super Huge SSB4 Peach snapshot 5 (angle 5).jpg

Super Huge SSB4 Peach snapshot 5 (angle 6).jpg

Super Huge SSB4 Peach snapshot 5 (angle 7).jpg

This will be my 5th SSB4 Super Huge Peach screenshot, this time with her MK8 Biker custom textures, and it comes with several angles, not all of them, but several angles! If you want to see the original ones, which I doubled in size with waifu2x, here: http://sta.sh/01f5a64f2dds

Because the voice pitch multipliers affect how long is a character's expression during his/her taunts or some of his/her attacks, with the shrinking Lightning Bolt value being 1.01, its time to 48000, and its voice pitch mod value changed to 0.01, this, for example, made Peach's expressions last quite long, but of course, they can be cancelled with a Down Smash, or sometimes some of her aerials. And mixed with the Super Mushroom (value to 80), but first I must make her Down Taunt, then stay floaty, below the Super Mushroom, and when I get it, I immediately go Up Aerial, but it doesn't always work, and then quickly fast falling, but of course, I've had to make pause to make sure her open smile remains intact and also make sure she doesn't get KOed (any strike will instantly KO her because she's so large, and I haven't figured out how to expand the limit of the Blast KO Zones).

Also, I never bothered into taking screenshots with 2 missing angles. Haha.
ZatchHunter

Postby Korume » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted anything. Been busy with some stuff. On the bright side though...

HNI_0096.JPG

HNI_0097.JPG

HNI_0098.JPG

I have found a way to modify the blast lines in Smash 4, which was a major hindrance to taking screenshots before. With those gone though, I've pretty much done away with most of the problems that once plagued me. Main thing I need to figure out now is how to change the blast lines for stages with transitions...

Also say hi to God Eater. I'm quite happy someone else put her over Cloud~
Once a Nep, always a Nep.
Korume

Postby Korume » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:28 pm

And now I realized that each transition had its own level file, so...

Now I can use more stages for pictures! Like, Wuhu Island!

With some more Neptunia characters~ I really do love em.

HNI_0028.JPG

HNI_0029.JPG

HNI_0030.JPG

HNI_0031.JPG

HNI_0032.JPG

HNI_0039.JPG

HNI_0040.JPG

HNI_0041.JPG

So, at this point, I can modify pretty much any stage in Smmash 4. I can make stages much larger now, though any section I add to the stages would sadly be invisible. I'm not yet sure how I can change the design of the stage to match its new geometry... Regardless, the possibilities are opening up now!
Once a Nep, always a Nep.
Korume

Previous

Return to VGGTS4