Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS/Wii U Snapshots

This board is for discussing anything related to VGGTS World. General discussion of video games is welcome as well as long as topics abide by the forum rules.

cubedcinder Is Going To Hate Me For This... (Part 1)

Postby Skull13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:13 am

I've got a lot more snapshots to share with the website. All Rosalina! Enjoy!

HNI_0069.JPG
Tiny Mario On Fire!

HNI_0070.JPG
Giant Rosalina Vs. Yellow Devil!

HNI_0071.JPG
Giant Rosalina Wins!

HNI_0072.JPG
Mario Jumps Off Rosalina's Back!

HNI_0073.JPG
Small, Big, Biggest!

HNI_0074.JPG
Up & Over!

HNI_0075.JPG
Mario Being Sneaky?

HNI_0076.JPG
Hang On, Mario!

HNI_0077.JPG
Mario Strikes Back!
Split Personality
Bring Hope To Humanity!!!
Skull13

cubedcinder, It's All About The Galaxy Giantess! (Part 2)

Postby Skull13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:20 am

In Brawl, I focused mostly on getting Peach snapshots. For this game, Rosalina has been my main focus, as I really enjoy playing as her!

HNI_0078.JPG
But Having Little Effect On Her...

HNI_0079.JPG
Giant Rosalina: "Go, Blinky!"

HNI_0080.JPG
Mario Getting Pounced On!

HNI_0081.JPG
Giant Rosalina: "Aww! He's Sleeping."

HNI_0082.JPG
Mario Going For A Ride!

HNI_0083.JPG
Mario & Giant Rosalina Ready For Adventure!
Last edited by Skull13 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Split Personality
Skull13

cubedcinder, Hate Me, Love Rosalina! (Part 3)

Postby Skull13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:32 am

In fact, this is the first time I've enjoyed playing as a female character in a Smash Bros. game. But I've liked Rosalina since her first appearance in Super Mario Galaxy. So the moment she was mentioned here, I knew I was going to have a blast, especially with the snapshots. Peach had the record for the most snapshots in Brawl, but I intend to have Rosalina stand out the most here!

These next snapshots have her pairing with Sonic, doing something similar I did in Brawl with Giant Zero Suit Samus.

HNI_0084.JPG
Sonic Springs Up! (Part 1)

HNI_0085.JPG
Sonic Springs Up! (Part 2)

HNI_0086.JPG
Sonic Springs Up! (Part 3)

HNI_0087.JPG
Giant Rosalina Sees Sonic!

HNI_0088.JPG
She's Unimpressed & Even Bigger!

HNI_0089.JPG
Sonic Going Down! (Part 1)

HNI_0090.JPG
Sonic Going Down! (Part 2)

HNI_0091.JPG
Giant Rosalina Is Slightly Impressed!
Last edited by Skull13 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Split Personality
Skull13

cubedcinder, Are You Mad Yet? (Part 4)

Postby Skull13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:44 am

Her amiibo gets released in two days! I have every intention of making sure I get it the moment the store opens (I had no knowledge at the time that Rosalina & Luma were going to be a Target exclusive. By the time I did, it was already too late for pre-ordering...)!

HNI_0092.JPG
Giant Rosalina & Dark Samus!

HNI_0093.JPG
Giant Rosalina & Knuckle Joe 1

HNI_0094.JPG
Giant Rosalina & Knuckle Joe 2

HNI_0095.JPG
Feeding The Giantess!

HNI_0096.JPG
A Samurai's Duty Is To Protect A True Lady!

HNI_0097.JPG
Can Pac-Man Get The Super Mushroom?

HNI_0098.JPG
No, But He Likes What He Sees!

HNI_0099.JPG
Pounce Over Pac!

HNI_0100.JPG
[Insert Evil Music Here]

HNI_0001.JPG
Phosphera & Giant Rosalina!
Last edited by Skull13 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Split Personality
Skull13

cubedcinder Is Going To Hate Me... (Part 5)/Post #100

Postby Skull13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:58 am

By the way, I like the additional stages that they added for 8-Player Smash (Thanks to the recent update.). I just wish that the effects of the stages would be added, too.

HNI_0002.JPG
Who's The Tallest Character In The Mario Universe?

HNI_0003.JPG
Attack Of The 50 Ft. Rosalina (Part 1)

HNI_0004.JPG
Attack Of The 50 Ft. Rosalina (Part 2)

HNI_0005.JPG
Attack Of The 50 Ft. Rosalina (Part 3)

HNI_0006.JPG
Attack Of The 50 Ft. Rosalina (Part 4)

HNI_0007.JPG
Attack Of The 50 Ft. Rosalina (Part 5)

HNI_0008.JPG
Giant Rosalina & Elec Man!

HNI_0009.JPG
Elec Man Strikes!

HNI_0010.JPG
That Dog Better Not!

HNI_0011.JPG
Tingle Gets A Look At The Giantess!

On a side note, YES! MY 100TH POST!
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
Last edited by Skull13 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Split Personality
Skull13

cubedcinder, U Mad, Bro? (Part 6)

Postby Skull13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:03 am

Almost done! There was one more type of snapshot I was hoping to get for this week, but I was unsuccessful, and I've already overwhelmed cubedcinder with my latest snapshots...again! Oh well. I hope to try again next week.

HNI_0012.JPG
Giant Rosalina: "Hello, Pac-Man!"

HNI_0013.JPG
Giant Rosalina Is Surprised!

HNI_0014.JPG
Watch Out, Rosalina!

HNI_0015.JPG
Giant Rosalina: "Cute Toys!"

HNI_0016.JPG
Waluigi: "Mama Mia! She's-a Huge!"
Last edited by Skull13 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Split Personality
Skull13

cubedcinder, I Made Him Snap! (Final Part)

Postby Skull13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 am

This is the last of my snapshots for the week. I really enjoy doing this, and I'm happy to contribute whenever possible!

HNI_0017.JPG
Splash, Slash, & A Giant Smash!

HNI_0018.JPG
Giant Rosalina: "Hello, Saki!"

HNI_0019.JPG
Hammer Bro: "Is Bowser Nuts?!"

HNI_0020.JPG
Lyn Attempts To Strike!

HNI_0021.JPG
Hammer Time I

HNI_0022.JPG
Hammer Time II

Now, it's time to focus on getting the Rosalina & Luma amiibo! Hopefully, I can get Sonic & King Dedede, too!
Last edited by Skull13 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Split Personality
Skull13

Change regarding putting screens on VGGTS World

Postby cubedcinder » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:48 am

Yes, Skull13, I do hate you for what's just happened. In fact, this has gone too far now.

I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm in sharing all these SSB4 GTS screencaps with us, I really do. It shows how much you adore the game (as I'm sure all of us who played it have) and how you're trying to get the most out of GTS scenarios for this game.

However, for the second week in a row, I'm forced to sift through over 50 screencaps, most of them focused on one particular giantess (Rosalina). It's now gotten annoying, as by posting so many screencaps in one week, you're putting me through a ton of work to look over these screencaps, save them to my computer, create thumbnails for each and every one of them, and then HTMLize them into the websites... work that I only have a few hours in the late afternoon/early evening to accomplish due to my job. Not only that, but I'm starting to fear that you may be scaring off any potential other users who may want to contribute GTS screencaps of their own. They probably feel like the shot they wanted to share has already been taken by you, and so they just don't end up sending any shots altogether. Finally, there's the danger of running out of variety in these screencaps much quicker than SSBB did. There's only so long people will get excited over seeing Rosalina tower over certain characters.

And so effective immediately, and after initially deciding then backing away from a cap that would've proven unpopular (and hard to pick a solid number anyway), I have decided that once a screencap has been uploaded here at VGGTS4, it will NOT be uploaded to VGGTS World. Believe it or not, I consider VGGTS4 as much a part of VGGTS World as the Pictures, Stories, and Where? sections. Technically, by uploading screencaps to this thread, you're already making them a part of the VGGTS World website, so there is no need to essentially double upload screencaps (note that anything already on the website will stay there; this change is only going forward).

I apologize if this is an inconvenience, but it is no longer fun to go through 50, 60, 70 screencaps from one enthusiastic person every week when I'm already swamped with other work as it is and feel like it is creatively stifling other people who may want to send GTS screencaps of their own.
cubedcinder
Site Admin

What Have I Done?!

Postby Skull13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:56 am

What have I done?!

I didn't think that my actions would cause this to happen! I strongly apologize for this, and I really don't want to stop contributing my work to VGGTS World. What if we made a compromise? Something that would satisfy both sides?
Split Personality
Skull13

Re: What Have I Done?!

Postby cubedcinder » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:01 am

Skull13 wrote:What have I done?!

I didn't think that my actions would cause this to happen! I strongly apologize for this, and I really don't want to stop contributing my work to VGGTS World. What if we made a compromise? Something that would satisfy both sides?

I'm not at all saying you should stop contributing. This change, so there's no confusion, is only for SSB4 GTS screencaps. I'll more than happily welcome anything else you send my way (like stories) for VGGTS World.

But there is nothing that will change my mind. As I said in that post, VGGTS4 and this thread are as much a part of VGGTS World as anywhere else on this site, and so there's no reason to think those screencaps will be lost from everyone else's view. Granted, I could be doing the same thing for other contributions made to the site if I wanted, but I chose just SSB4 GTS screencaps because that's the one part of weekly uploading that was getting way out of control.
cubedcinder
Site Admin

I Wasn't Finished!

Postby Skull13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:07 am

cubedcinder wrote:

I'm not at all saying you should stop contributing. This change, so there's no confusion, is only for SSB4 GTS screencaps. I'll more than happily welcome anything else you send my way (like stories) for VGGTS World.

But there is nothing that will change my mind. As I said in that post, VGGTS4 and this thread are as much a part of VGGTS World as anywhere else on this site, and so there's no reason to think those screencaps will be lost from everyone else's view. Granted, I could be doing the same thing for other contributions made to the site if I wanted, but I chose just SSB4 GTS screencaps because that's the one part of weekly uploading that was getting way out of control.

Hold on! I wasn't finished! I wanted to edit my last statement before you responded.

Anyway, let's say I minimize my snapshot uploads to the website, like no more than 7 per week (You can make the decision on the limit as to how much contributers can make per week.) regardless of how many I have in my SD Card? We can consider this Strike 2 for me, and if it happens a third time, then you can make whatever decision you think will be great. I just want one more chance... :cry:

Once again, I apologize for going crazy, but I do NOT want to stop seeing my snapshots in the website.

If it helps, I can delete the majority of snapshots that I have already posted to give you less snapshots to work with. Please, just one more chance...
Split Personality
Skull13

Re: I Wasn't Finished!

Postby cubedcinder » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:27 am

Skull13 wrote:
cubedcinder wrote:

Hold on! I wasn't finished! I wanted to edit my last statement before you responded.

Anyway, let's say I minimize my snapshot uploads to the website, like no more than 7 per week (You can make the decision on the limit as to how much contributers can make per week.) regardless of how many I have in my SD Card? We can consider this Strike 2 for me, and if it happens a third time, then you can make whatever decision you think will be great. I just want one more chance... :cry:

Once again, I apologize for going crazy, but I do NOT want to stop seeing my snapshots in the website.

If it helps, I can delete all the ones that I have already posted to give you less snapshots to work with. Please, just one more chance...

I appreciate your input, but I feel like any kind of cap imposed by me will just make things worse. Somebody could potentially get as excited or more excited than you did and continue to post shots even after their quota has been reached, thus creating a huge backlog that I feel like would be even more of a hassle to juggle. You may have been the trigger for this change, but it is something that, after having just said what I said, I thought because it could come from other overexcited contributors in the future and I feel like this is the best move going forward. Keep in mind, you're not the only one who has sent me over a hundred screencaps all at once. ZatchHunter did that via e-mail in the early, early days of the SSB4 gallery at VGGTS World, and I did have to tell him those few months ago not to send that many screencaps all at once again (and he hasn't!).

I strongly disagree that keeping screencaps out of the website just because they're on VGGTS4 is some sort of punishment. Like I said before, I consider VGGTS4 as much a part of VGGTS World as anywhere else on the site. The SSB4 gallery does not have to be the be-all-end-all place for SSB4 GTS screenshots. I'm giving everyone else another option to share their work, in essence.

And again, I'm not saying stop sharing SSB4 GTS screencaps altogether. Cut back to 10-20 a week if you want (but this is not an enforced cap by any means) so that others don't feel like the shot they wanted to take has already been taken. But for the reasons I outlined above, the decision to lock shots uploaded to this thread stands.
cubedcinder
Site Admin

Well, I Tried...

Postby Skull13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:32 am

cubedcinder wrote:I appreciate your input, but I feel like any kind of cap imposed by me will just make things worse. Somebody could potentially get as excited or more excited than you did and continue to post shots even after their quota has been reached, thus creating a huge backlog that I feel like would be even more of a hassle to juggle. You may have been the trigger for this change, but it is something that, after having just said what I said, I thought because it could come from other overexcited contributors in the future and I feel like this is the best move going forward. Keep in mind, you're not the only one who has sent me over a hundred screencaps all at once. ZatchHunter did that via e-mail in the early, early days of the SSB4 gallery at VGGTS World, and I did have to tell him those few months ago not to send that many screencaps all at once again (and he hasn't!).

I strongly disagree that keeping screencaps out of the website just because they're on VGGTS4 is some sort of punishment. Like I said before, I consider VGGTS4 as much a part of VGGTS World as anywhere else on the site. The SSB4 gallery does not have to be the be-all-end-all place for SSB4 GTS screenshots. I'm giving everyone else another option to share their work, in essence.

And again, I'm not saying stop sharing SSB4 GTS screencaps altogether. Cut back to 10-20 a week if you want (but this is not an enforced cap by any means) so that others don't feel like the shot they wanted to take has already been taken. But for the reasons I outlined above, the decision to lock shots uploaded to this thread stands.

:( Darn... Well, I tried... But at least they're not gone forever. :) By the way, with the new rule in effect, you might want to edit this page.

http://vggts.macrosonic.org/where/ssb4/index.html

Who knows? Maybe some snapshots you really like in here might get lucky enough to be seen in the snapshot VGGTS page. ;) After all, like I said in the beginning, it's ultimately your decision on what gets posted on the website and what does not. You don't have to upload every one of mine, just the ones that you really like, or the ones that really stand out to you. ;)
Split Personality
Skull13

Re: Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS/Wii U Snapshots

Postby cubedcinder » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:54 am

Here is what I will be adding in the SSB4 gallery's main page and on the VGGTS World home page:

If you choose to share your shot in the screencap thread, it may remain in that thread and not be uploaded to the gallery you see here (exceptions will depend on circumstances under the discretion of Cubed Cinder). VGGTS4 is just as much a part of VGGTS World as this gallery is, so technically you've already uploaded your shot to the site by uploading to the aforementioned thread.
cubedcinder
Site Admin

Re: Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS/Wii U Snapshots

Postby Skull13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:59 am

cubedcinder wrote:Here is what I will be adding in the SSB4 gallery's main page and on the VGGTS World home page:

If you choose to share your shot in the screencap thread, it may remain in that thread and not be uploaded to the gallery you see here (exceptions will depend on circumstances under the discretion of Cubed Cinder). VGGTS4 is just as much a part of VGGTS World as this gallery is, so technically you've already uploaded your shot to the site by uploading to the aforementioned thread.

Awesome! I approve!
Split Personality
Skull13

PreviousNext

Return to VGGTS4