Maya the Bee Giantess Episode

This board is for discussing anything related to A&C GTS World. General discussion of anime and cartoons is welcome as well as long as topics abide by the forum rules.

Maya the Bee Giantess Episode

Postby LucybonesSquirrel » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:22 am

I just found out about a episode of the original Maya the Bee Anime series (Episode 32: Maya the Giantess.. or episode 30, some sources online apparantly don't list episodes in the intended order) where Maya dreams about being bigger than everyone else. The actual dream sequence starts at 6:04.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGJKdSf9tVw&t=5m45s

I find it strange that nobody's posted about this yet, seeing as the whole sequence goes for nearly well over 15 minutes. Nothing icky is going on in the episode, so it should be fairly clean. Just thought of reporting about it here, seeing as I didn't notice any entry about it in the Where? page on the AC GTS site.
LucybonesSquirrel

Re: Maya the Bee Giantess Episode

Postby cubedcinder » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:24 pm

I watched a LOT of Maya the Bee as a youngster on Nick Jr., but never knew an episode like this existed (probably because it only aired over in Europe). Nice find! :)

Who knows why it got ignored for so long. Maybe, being such an old show and targeted at the youngest of audiences, it faded into distant memory for most of us 20-30 year olds.
cubedcinder
Site Admin

Re: Maya the Bee Giantess Episode

Postby LucybonesSquirrel » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:30 am

I never got the chance to watch the anime as a kid, maybe because I wasn't made aware of it at the time.

Still, this episode is a very rare case of GTS throughout the whole anime, and hasn't been brought up again since, not even in the CGI animated version of Maya the Bee, at least to my knowledge.
LucybonesSquirrel

Return to ACGTS